A little chat with the Virgin Maiden ()


Virgo is a beautiful maiden. In one hand she holds a sheaf of wheat, and a medicinal plant in the other.

She looks like a hippie; she’s wearing a long dress; her undulating hair is moved by the wind as she walks in the tall grasses of a meadow. She is absolutely charming.

However she looks approachable. Set eyes on Venus, you’ll know how it feels to be compared to Mars, if you’re male, or to herself, if you’re female. You need to be very confident to approach Venus. You may get a taste of divine disdain.

Nothing like that will happen with the virgin maiden. It’s easy to say hello and have a little chat.

Why is she holding a single ear of corn? Because there is no need to include the entire harvest in the picture! The ear of corn stands for the fields, the wheat, the oat, and the barley, or whatever grows in the fields, sunflowers, rapeseed, alfalfa, beans, onions and potatoes… Beware, once she trusts you’re interested, she may mention all the cultivated varieties and their uses.

The sheaf of wheat also stands for the windmill and the grinding, the flour, the kneading the dough, the sourdough, the cooking and the oven… the bread in turn stands for all kinds of food, and food, she’s telling you if you’re still listening, is the first medicine. This leads to taking proper care of the body. The list of her knowledge and skills is impressive.

She loves foraging as well. The medicinal plant in her other hand stands for every plant with medicinal properties, how to mix them, how to prepare tisanes, unguents, remedies… She is a hedge witch. 


You may ask her “And by the way, are you single?” She may answer:

-Sure I am! I am a Virgin! But don’t think I’m naive. This just means that I belong to no man. Not yet. I am almost ready. I am honing my skills. Food is medicine. I still have a few things to learn, a few things to do, look at my lists!

- It’s incredible. And you look so relaxed!

- Yes. Relaxation comes with proper organisation. Stress is not a healthy way of living. What’s essential is to take advantage of our natural rhythms. If you think Virgos are stressed by definition, you’re wrong. Virgos are stressed by the wrong rhythms.

- So when will you get married? Are you only thinking of someone?

-Listen, when I start thinking of it, I won’t be Virgo anymore, I’ll be Libra. I am an archetype, a Goddess. The thing with us, immortals, is that we don’t get to the next phase. We are the essence of a particular phase. I am almost ready, have always been, will ever be. I can cook, I can heal, I can help, I know how to make myself useful in all kinds of circumstances, I am the almost perfect wife, it will be “almost” ever after. Do you know how to repair a roof?

There are bees in the hive serving the queen and being queen is serving the hive.

We, souls, are grateful to the first of servants, the body, which we honour and care for with hygiene and medicine.

We are grateful to Virgo!

Jean-Marc Pierson, storyteller, astrologer


Blog posts written between 2017 and 2019 have become a book

Originally self published, the book has now found a publisher and a new title: 

You can order Magical Doors - The symbols of Astrology -  on most online stores worldwide, and at The Wessex Astrologer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children in the birth chart --() and texts for FB

If you have never looked at a chart before

The karmic indicators in the birth chart